Monday, January 20, 2014

Human theme

Happiness. It's something all humans strive to feel at some point or another. Happiness, to me, is satisfaction with life and the ability to accept how things are and be content with it. Everyone has been at that point at one time or another, and some may be in that state right now (more power to them.) Here's the thing about happiness, it's a rare thing for most people. I know a lot of people who haven't felt genuine happiness for... months, years, a decade. For one reason or another, that feeling of satisfaction has continued to escape them. Whether that be a bad history, a sad time in their lives, or simply being down all the time, this nirvana known as happiness hasn't really been in their lives for a fair period of time. Now, this concept of happiness is important to me because genuine happiness is relatively hard to come by. It definitely happens at a point in everyone's lives, however late that maybe, but so many people lead the early stages of their lives in perpetual sadness, it's quite disheartening. My relevant hyperlinks to fit the requirement. This and this.

3 comments:

  1. Happiness--is it something we can only fully understand if we've experienced things that are not happiness? I'm not sure I would want to be happy all the time. But I certainly strive for it. Contentment. Satisfaction. Confidence that I have had a positive effect on the people in my world--that's what I'm hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you define happiness haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this day and age society has been socially conditioned to be outcome dependent for happiness. People give external things power over their emotions and draw happiness from other things,but doing this gives whatever thing you base your happiness off of the power to take your happiness away as well. The truly happy people in the world are happy because they have learned to draw an abundance of good emotions from within themselves rather then basing happiness on external forces they cant control.

    ReplyDelete